- To become a substantial repository of local military and aviation history.
- Support the mission of the MAPS Air Museum.
- Preserve institutional records associated with the MAPS Air Museum and our aircraft.
- Preserve, catalog, and make available for research all personal, local, Ohio and national military
- Collaborate with and support the Curator, Restoration, Education, and Events Departments.
- Enhance customized hands-on learning internships for secondary and higher education students
in a research, archival environment.
- Provide library services to MAPS membership and the larger community.
- Provide instructional and research space and resources for various formats of higher education
classes and workshops.
ACCESS & AVAILABILITY
MEMBERS – Access to all Louise Timken Library and Research Center collections is included with a
membership in good standing AND allows you to check-out for two weeks any items that are not
specified as Reference or Special Collections.
NON-MEMBERS — Access to the Louise Timken Library and Research Center for in-house research and
reading requires a paid admission to the museum. Check-out of circulation materials is not available to
Louise Timken Library & Research Hours: Open during regular museum hours.
COMMEMORATIVE BRICK PROGRAM
- Digitizing & transcribing oral histories
- Cataloging & digitizing archival collections
GENERAL LIBRARY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES (as selected by volunteer interest; will provide training):
- In-taking and processing library and research donations
- Shelving books, periodicals, etc.
- Carrying out functional duties of circulation desk
- Assisting visitors in research, etc.
- Collaborating with and supporting other MAPS departments
- Cataloguing library and research donations
- Assisting in creating exhibits
- Interacting with membership and visitors
LOUISE TIMKEN LIBRARY & RESEARCH CENTER TEAM
- Library Volunteers – Barb J., Betty T., David F., Debbie B., John S., Marcia W., Mary Ann N., Marylou T., Pat S., Peg D., Ron S., Tom L. and Nicole (an intern from Walsh)