MAPS Air Museum will be participating, with other museums, in the “Blue Star Museums” initiative put on by the National Endowment for the Arts and Blue Star Families in 2022.
Free admission will be given to the nation’s active duty military personnel including National Guard and Reserve and their families this summer through Labor Day, September 5th, 2022
- Tuesday – Saturday: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
- Sunday: 11:30 AM – 4 PM
- Closed Mondays
- Holidays closed: Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day
Admission ~ All Major Credit Cards Accepted; Masks are not required for entry
How long should we plan for MAPS?
As with our guided tours, we recommend 2 hours minimum. However, to get the full experience of MAPS Air Museum, we recommend 3-4 hours to see all of the Exhibits and Aircraft up close and to read the detailed information. We do not have a café on premise, however, we do have snack, soft drink and water vending machines for your needs.
The Primary Display areas to see are the: Gallery of Heroes, Ohio Military Museum (2nd floor), The Timken Library & Research Center, Gift Shop, Main Hangar (displays mixed among the aircraft), outdoor tarmac (many aircraft) and the Medic’s Corner Tent (outside access but has heat and A/C as needed)
- On-site & Free!! We have ample parking and can accommodate buses or large RV’s with pre-scheduling.
What should I wear?
- Many of our aircraft are outside, so plan accordingly. The Gift Shop, Gallery of Heroes, Louise Timken Library & Research Center and the Ohio Military Museum room are temperature-controlled.
- MAPS Air Museum has free WiFi for the duration of your stay and reception for your standard cell phone service is normal.
- Self-Guided Tours available via the Apple App Store or Google Play. Pre-install the free UniGuide Audio Tours and Maps app from www.audiotour.me or via QR-code upon arrival. Further instructions upon arrival at MAPS.
- Guided Tours are FREE when a volunteer guide is available. We strongly recommend scheduling in advance to guarantee a tour guide is available for your estimated 2-hour guided tour. The tour can be modified to meet the needs of the audience and specific time limitations.
- MAPS can also accommodate guided large Bus tours and group of 15 or more when prearranged. To schedule a tour or for more information, please contact Reed Kimball by email at: email@example.com.
- Wheelchair accessibility is available throughout the MAPS Air Museum, except for aircraft cockpits.
- MAPS Air Museum has the gift for anyone: young/old or girl/boy! T-shirts, sweaters, jackets, hats, models, coffee cups, toys, key-chains and many other trinkets! The Gift Shop is also where you pay for entry or meet your tour guide. Major Credit Cards are accepted.
Physical Address: 2260 International Pkwy, North Canton, OH 44720 ~ GPS Directions note: when using your phone GPS, the APPLE maps engine takes you to the opposite side of the airport. We do know that Google properly takes you to MAPS Air Museum.