Jodie has started repairing the right side of the F-102. Hopes to get it done before cold weather sets in. (Above Photo)
The torpedo rack for the B-26 has been primed. It will be painted to match the aircraft.
The first 50 cal for the F-86 has been primed. Five more to go, then painting.
And Dan is making tail cones for the new drop tanks being installed on the F-102. There is a computer program that calculates the shape of the sheet metal to roll into the cone. All you need is material thickness, large diameter, small diameter and the cone height. The program gives you the inner radius, the outer radius and the angle.
The plan is to move the OV-1 to the hanger on Saturday. The nose wheel has been elevated to insure that the tail clears the ceiling pipes and conduits. It is going to be interesting maneuvering the OV-1 around in the restoration building in between the support columns. News at 11:00.
Paul and I spread body putty on the F-105’s elevator leading edge. Final sanding will be on Saturday and then a coat of primer.
This next photos is going to make Dennis, Bill and Gary quite happy. I pulled the cotter pin on the engine mount bushing nut and removed the nut. I installed a sacrificial nut then a few heavy smacks with a hammer and I drove the bushing out about 1/2 inch. This allowed Paul access to the bushing and a bunch of turns with a pipe wrench and the bushing was removed. Took about 35 minutes. The photos shows paul removing the bushing with a pipe wrench and bar.